The Elgin OPP were patrolling on Talbot Line near Quaker Road on July 13, when they stopped a stolen blue vehicle around 4:00 a.m.
The driver, 25-year-old Michael SCOTT of London, Ontario was arrested and now faces charges for the following:
· Possession of a prohibited device
· Fail to comply with condition of undertaking
· Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs
· Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
· Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
· Driving a motor vehicle with no license
The accused was held for a bail hearing on July 13, 2019. Police also arrested three other people within the vehicle. Two individuals had outstanding warrants for their arrest and a third was released unconditionally.
All people were arrested without incident. Further charges are pending the completion of this investigation.