February 1st proved to be a busy night in Aylmer.
On the 1st of February 2020 at 1:50 am. Officer on patrol observed a red Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck pulling away from the rear parking lot of the business establishment on John St. N. Officer conduced a traffic stop and spoke to a 36-year-old male driver from Hamilton and a 31-year-old female passenger from London. After a brief conversation, male driver proceeded to flee the area resulting in a police pursuit that ended on Lawrence Crs. Where both occupants fled from the vehicle. The female passenger was apprehended after a brief foot pursuit. Record check of the female revealed that she was wanted by London Police. Further investigation revealed that the licence plates on the vehicle were stolen from an address in Tillsonburg and the pickup truck was stolen from Glanbrook. As a result, female passenger was charged with Possession Over $5000 and three counts of Possession Under $5000.
The male driver was charged with:
- Obstruct Peace Officer section 129(a) Criminal Code;
- Flight from peace officer s. 320.17 of the Criminal Code;
- Possession of Property Obtain by Crime Over $5000 s. 355(a) of the Criminal Code;
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5000 – Criminal Code section. 354(1)(a) x 2 (Stolen Licence Plates)
- Operation While Prohibited under the Criminal Code s. 320.18(1)(a) of the Criminal Code x 2
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order s. 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
- Drive while under suspension s. 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
And then on the 1st of February 2020 Aylmer police received a complaint of a stolen vehicle from a residence On Treadwell St. Aylmer ON. Police investigation revealed that sometime overnight, 01 Feb. 2020 unknown persons entered the residence via unlocked garage and took two sets of keys for 2017 Ford Pick up and 2013 Ford Edge. Culprits then stole a 2013 Ford Edge that was parked in the driveway. Police investigation is on-going and anyone with information is asked to call Aylmer Police at 519-773-3146 or crime stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.